The new Sleepy Head PJs 3.0 sewing pattern
The Sleepy Head PJs pattern, that was first released four years ago, has gotten a makeover. I'd been wanting to update it for some time, and it's finally here. It now includes more sizes (up to size 14 years old) and warm weather options, so it's truly an all year round sewing pattern.
The Sleepy Head PJs are the essential two-piece PJs to keep your child cosy and comfortable, designed for knit fabrics such as cotton jersey, cotton lycra, bamboo jersey, interlock, etc, with optional rib knit for cuffs and bands.
The design features:
- basic fit t-shirt with set in sleeves
- long and short sleeves with cuffs or hemmed
- neckband with neckline seam cover
- elastic waistband and ankle cuffs
- shorts with two lengths to choose from: knee length straight shorts or mid-thigh flared shorts
- easy construction
The size range has been extended to size 14 years old, adding three sizes to the previous version of the pattern, and it's unisex, meaning that you can make PJs for all your kids.
The updated pattern has been tested again and the testers made truly beautiful PJs, that you can see in the next blog post.